DRUG RAIDS: 48 charges after guns, marijuana seized
POLICE raids at 11 properties across Stanthorpe and Warwick have allegedly resulted in the discovery of 18.5kg of marijuana and six illegal firearms.
Officers have charged 13 people with 48 drug and weapon offences following the search operation at the weekend.
Officers from the State Crime Command's Drug and Serious Crime Group, along with officers from Stanthorpe and Warwick CIB charged the Southern Downs residents with a range of offences including possession of dangerous drugs and serious assault of police.
Among the alleged offenders taken into custody by police were residents from Warwick, Stanthorpe, Amiens and Eukey.
Drug and Serious Crime Group Detective Senior Sergeant Tony Parsons said the raids were part of an operation to target ice use and firearm possession within the community.
"It is widely acknowledged that ice use within regional communities causes significant social and family dysfunction, and those persons who attempt to profiteer from the drug trade will be strongly targeted by police,” he said.
"The actions of police across the weekend show their commitment to enhancing safety throughout Queensland's regional communities.
"It is also a timely warning for any members of the public holding illegal firearms in the community to hand those firearms in, or risk being arrested for being complacent.”
The full list of charged residents is as follows:
- 30-year-old Warwick man on two drug offence charges
- 36-year-old Warwick woman on seven drug offences and one obstruct police charge
- 43-year-old Stanthorpe man on three drug offence charges
- 53-year-old Stanthorpe man on ten drug offence charges
- 40-year-old Stanthorpe woman on one drug offence charge
- 25-year-old Cottonvale man on two drug offence charges
- 49-year-old Stanthorpe man on two drug offence charges
- 27-year-old Stanthorpe woman on one count of serious assault police and one drug offence charge
- 26-year-old Stanthorpe woman on two drug offence charges
- 46-year-old Amiens man on two drug offence and a number of weapons offences
- 66-year-old Eukey man on three drug offence charges
- 24-year-old Clumber man on five drug offence charges.
- 48-year-old Dugandan man on five drug offence charges