Here’s proof it’s bloody cold on the Darling Downs
IF YOU'RE feeling the cold this morning, thank your lucky stars you don't live at Felton, with unconfirmed reports it got to minus 11 degrees this morning.
The amazingly cold temperature was recorded at Bob Free's farm on the Toowoomba-Karara Rd.
Felton Produce employee Tracy Lindsay posted a photograph on Facebook to prove how cold it actually got in the rural community just south of Toowoomba.
WHAT'S HOT ONLINE
- Could climate change rob us of redheads?
- Amazing escape: Video captures pilot dodging disaster
- Is dope best of two evils in war on synthetics?
- Crash victim was 'happy, outgoing girl': twin sister
- Five reasons our worst public transport is worst ever
- Car was coming straight at us, crash jury hears
- Facebook bragger set to lose car for good
It shows her holding a icicle that formed by dripping tap water.
Across the Darling Downs, temperatures plummeted this morning, getting to:
- -4.6 degrees in Oakey at 7am
- -5.9 degrees in Warwick at 6.30am,
- -3.3 degrees in Miles at 7am
- -5.3 degrees in Applethorpe at 7am
The Bureau of Meteorology's Janine Yuasa said dry winds created by a high across the state's west were responsible for the frosty temperatures.
"There is a bit of a trough moving through from the south west and that is what will bring the cooler temperatures," Ms Yuasa said.
"Minimum temperatures are around the average for this time of the year and will most likely continue for the time being."
How cold was it where you are?
- Biloela: -1.7°C
- Blackwater Airport: 1.7°C
- Bundaberg: 2.9°C
- Clermont Airport: -2.6°C
- Dalby: -2.8°C
- Emerald: 4°C
- Gatton: 2.1°C
- Gladstone Airport: 5.4°C
- Gympie: -0.9°C
- Hamilton Island: 15.8°C
- Hervey Bay: 1.8°C
- Kingaroy: -4.2°C
- Mackay: 14.8°C
- Maroochydore: 2.8°C
- Maryborough: 0.4°C
- Moranbah Airport: 0°C
- Nambour: 4.5°C
- Proserpine: 2.3°C
- Rockhampton: 3.2°C
- Roma: -3.4°C
- Tewantin: 5.7°C
- Yeppoon: 4.9°C