SAVE THE DATE: Haunted horrors set to scare Warwick
HAUNTED horrors are set to jump from your nightmares and into Warwick Showgrounds for a night of freaky fun.
The Rosehill Sandstone Night of Horrors is returning to town next month, an event that has previously drawn a crowd of 1600 people to the showgrounds.
Warwick Night of Horrors organiser Jeff Clark said fright night events were growing in popularity throughout America, but Australia was starting to get on board.
Movie World on the Gold Coast hosts its own version, but Mr Clark is aiming to share the scary experiences with people in regional areas.
There will be four terrifying interactive mazes at this year's event, the most ever brought to town.
One of the world's most haunted objects, the Letta Me Out gypsy doll that lives in Warwick, will also make an appearance.
But Mr Clark said there would also be attractions for children and the fainter of heart, including rides, magicians and food stalls.
"The whole night is family based and is set up so you can have fun or go there to have fun and get scared,” Mr Clark said.
"With the rickety tin sheds we set up at the showgrounds, it does create atmosphere.”
Mr Clark said Warwick Rodeo took over the showgrounds during Halloween each year, so the Night of Horrors was a makeshift celebration before the scary date arrives.
Mr Clark has previously held three Night of Horrors events in Warwick but now plans to make it an annual event.
He would also like to host the event in other cites, including Rockhampton and Gladstone.
This year it will be held in Warwick on September 29 from 6-9.30pm.
Entry will be free but each ride costs $5.
If you'd like to volunteer to scare people in the mazes on the night, message Jeff through the Warwick Night of Horrors Facebook page.