Shower screen explodes, injuring 4-year-old boy
A FOUR-year-old boy was left with cuts all over his body after being hit by exploding glass while having a shower.
Perth mum Megan Tilbury said her son Cruz was in the shower last Thursday evening when she heard glass exploding, followed by screams.
She told Radio 6PR doctors that Cruz was lucky not to have been more seriously injured after the glass screen shattered around him.
"He was just screaming and covered in blood," she said.
Ms Tilbury said her son didn't hit the glass and there was nothing else in the shower when the incident occurred.
"He got lacerations to both arms, his head and his chest, muscle damage in his arm ... the plastic surgeon said he was so lucky that's all that happened," she said.
"The doctor said he's lucky he has no eye damage at all."
She told host Oliver Peterson that the screen had been installed by the same glazier who also installed the family's pool fence 18 months earlier, which also exploded.
Ms Tilbury said her son will need further appointments with the plastic surgeon.
Western Australian Shadow Minister for Consumer Affairs Tim Hammond said he would investigate the case, 6PR reported.